Tuesday 4 March 2014

Meet President Obama’s Look Alike, IIham Anas


IIham Anas is a 40-year old Indonesian photographer who bears a striking resemblance to the US President Barack Obama. According to reports this has made him a TV star in his country.

Anas says he is a huge fan of Obama, and is careful with the work he chooses, refusing jobs he feels might be controversial or reflect badly on his famous twin. So uncanny is the likeness that he regularly gets stopped in airports by Obama admirers. He has taken to wearing a hat and sunglasses on the street to avoid the inevitable questions. Obama's rise has changed Anas's life, and his view of himself, as he recounts in his autobiography, Because of Obama. "I see my resemblance to Obama as a blessing," he says. "I used to look at the mirror and I had a negative perception of myself."

He also shares the president's love of a quiet cigarette. But there are differences too. "One thing I could not mimic is his voice. Obama has a baritone voice; mine is like a child's," says Anas. He is also a devout Muslim; His faith, he says, guides his family and professional life.

See more photos below...



 








No comments:

Post a Comment