Saturday 7 June 2014

Maheeda: My Next Video Is Going To Be Raunchier, The Erotic Gospel Singer


Self-proclaimed gospel singer and ‘born again’ Christian, Maheeda, is the queen of raunchy Nigerian celebrities.  With racy pictures and videos, it seems she deliberately courts controversy.  Her recent raunchy displays are not what one would expect from a gospel singer. ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM writes on the attention grabbing vixen.


With numerous semi-nude photos of Maheeda on the internet, she easily can claim the spot for the most erotic entertainer in Nigeria. In a Galaxy TV interview, the controversial gospel singer explains why she keeps flooding the internet with raunchy photos of herself.

“I did not post those pictures on the internet to teach people to start going naked, I posted them because I felt I am sexy and I love sexuality,” she asserted.

“In Europe, where I live, at a certain age, parents start to teach their children about sex education. But it is unfortunate that I came from this part of the world where sentiment is attached to everything.

“I’m 31 years old and I can’t pretend to behave like a baby or something. I’m sexy and I like it.

I’m still spiritually inclined and I have some gospel songs which are not out yet. One of them is Papangolo.” she explained.

Papangolo is a popular song Nigerian children sing when playing a game very similar to Round and Round the Mulberry Bush, where they sit in a circle and one child runs around them. So, how did Papangolo become a gospel song?

According to her “Those pictures you see is Maheeda. That is me. I am just expressing myself. I’m sexy and I am only appreciating that fact because I love sexuality.” buttressed.

On October 27 2013, the infamous Maheeda put up some nude photos of herself on her Instagram page ‘for her fans’. In one of the images, which showed an exposed male member, she expressed that the photo was of a fan ‘worshipping at her church on Sunday’.


But, in the wee hours of 28th October, 2013, the social media website deleted her account as the nude pictures are a breach of its laws and regulations.


Apparently, Maheeda has overthrown both Tonto Dikeh and old mama, Afrocandy, and is currently sitting on the throne as the raunchiest Nigerian woman.

Maheeda has become the rave of the moment on social media; each new picture she uploads revealing more skin than the previous.

Sometime ago, the mischievous Maheeda posted naughty short clips of herself on Instagram. Scantily clad, she could be seen dancing to Mbryo’s song, Remote.

It seems the macro-photo social site, Instagram, must have received a lot of reports from users or probably noticed themselves and decided to finally block Maheeda’s Instagram account.

This, however, wasn’t going to stop Maheeda from spreading her own special kind of gospel message. Rather, she alerted her friends, fans, followers and HATERS, that her Instagram account had been blocked but she had created another one immediately.

One of the songs she released, Naija Bad Girl, was by Bigjamz World Entertainment. The song was panned by music critics but was still a hit. After the release of the song’s controversial video which had over 100k views in less than 3 days on YouTube, Maheeda has since been the talk of town, in Nigeria as well as abroad.

She has had top billing at popular events abroad, a feat that would be almost impossible to achieve in Nigeria.

Maheeda eventually outdid herself by going totally nude in her video; a stunt which caused an uproar within and beyond the entertainment industry. Apparently unperturbed by all the brouhaha, she insists she has just begun.

In an interview with NET, she was asked if she thought some Nigerian entertainers would like to be as daring as she is. She asserted that they are scared of course. “I remember one Tiwa Savage’s video where she opened her chest and her breasts were almost out completely. I loved it; that was very sexy. But I know how much people criticised her, and ever since, we haven’t seen her do such a video again, which means she listened. As for me, I’m not listening. My next video is going to be raunchier.” She made good her promise and released a video which virtually everyone has viewed, including yours truly. The video, which YouTube has deleted, spread like wild-fire and generated numerous comments.

Maheeda has a beautiful daughter, named Divine Favour, whom she had when she was just 17 and lived in Kano. “I think his family were tribalistic. They didn’t want me around, so they offered me N2million (which was a lot of money back then) to leave the baby and go. I actually wanted to accept the money but I thought to myself, ‘Hey, you’re an orphan and this is the only blood you have.’ So, I declined their offer and left with my daughter.

She said the father of her child was present all through her ordeal , but never said anything to defend her. “I think he respected his family too much to intervene and fight for his daughter. I think maybe because she’s a girl, that’s why he didn’t say anything.” she explained.


Source: Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment